Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Good Morning!

Ok, can I just tell you that the beds here sleep like a dream!
And that is a very good thing because we really needed a good night sleep after being up for 32 hours!
 
This hotel is pretty amazing let me tell you...
 
So many people think you "suffer" when you travel to China to adopt but I say "Na Na"! This is a 5 star hotel and they have everything and anything you need. Tons of little shops within the hotel itself. A Grocery, children's and adult clothing shops, book store, news stand, at least 4 restaurants and
Oh ya... Starbucks!



Hmmmm... which sugar shall I pick? Brown, White, Stevia, or Liquid?
 
  
We went down this morning to enjoy our breakfast and what a great one it was. Their coffee is much stronger here then what I am use to back in the states but Michael loves it!






Just gotta say that Duncan Donuts back home could take
some lessons from these people!
I try not to eat donuts but I just couldn't resist this morning!
Sugar Donuts done just right, its a good thing!
 
Outside the window at the restaurant
 
 This was also just outside our restaurant. Its the famous Dong Fang Hotel

 

Ok, my children this one is for you!
Translation? Be good for the Carlson's and the Cowards!
Love You and Miss you oodles and oodles and bunches and bunches!
 
 

Hotel Lobby
Check out this amazing light fixture! The details are breath taking.
 
 

 
Even their flowers are gorgeous!






 

 
Here are a few of the many shops inside the hotel...

 Ok, do you see what I see? 
 Oh yes, it is... braided Challah Bread! A little Jewish bread anyone?
Those of you who "really" know me, well, I Just couldn't resist!

The Bakery
Amazingly beautiful cakes! 

 
 
Children's Boutique
Mike said, as we walked past, "Don't get any ideas!" 
Really? Who me? Shop for my kids? Never :0)
 
 
 
I may just have to buy one of these adorable chubby kitty cats!
 
 
Trying to make us "Westerner's" feel at home :0)
 
 
 
 

 Wow I think we need these signs back home
 wherever they sell tobacco products!

In China one of the Big Celebrations is the Moon Cake Festival which starts on September 19th. Our guide explained to us that its like giving "fruit cake" to someone like we do in America. You don't really eat the moon cakes but it is more for a gesture of friendship.  Pretty sure we are going to buy some for our kiddos and we will try one while we are here.
How bad could they really taste? Will have to let you know! ha


 
 Last but not least... its always good to know where the exit is!!

Enjoy the photos!
Hugs from China...

 


 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS