Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Sunday 15th / Taking the Chinese Subway downtown. Wow! Now that was an experience :0)

On Sunday after breakfast we headed to the Metro Subway
 towards downtown Guangzhou.
 
This is the high end business district. Banking, finance, high end shopping. Serious high end cars everywhere. Generally there are two classes of people here in China.
The ultra poor and he ultra rich.... We saw the latter today.
 
The buildings were absolutely amazing. As far as the eye could see they were building more and more beautiful high rise office and living spaces.
 
Navigating the Subway was actually an adventure! We went out on our own without our guide.  The hubbies did a great job and got us where we needed to go.
 
The noise and the scattering of people every which way made you a bit dizzy.
It was super hot in the subway tunnels and on the subway trains.
Makes a gal very thankful for deodorant let me tell you!
 
For the most part people in general were very nice to us but as you can imagine we did get a few good stares. We met one very nice Chinese women who teaches English classes. She said her daughter was in the States attending college in Madison, Ohio.
 
We found a really neat department store called "The Friendship Store". I found a cute shirt for Lincoln. Only $35 US dollars. Don't think so, sorry! So Mike and I made our way to the lower level where they had a very nice small grocery store.
We bought, of course, coffee. :0)
 
We had a great day, enjoy the photos!
 
 
 

  Pryor checking out the pop machine


 Just thought this was a cool clock!
 
We had to go down these escalators more then a few times and I'm not kidding when I say it was so steep! If you looked down you felt like you were going to fall.
 The Autumn Moon Festival is coming up this Thursday 19th. The red lanterns are going up everywhere as part of the décor. Very beautiful!

 This boat was made completely of Jade, crazy amazing!


Ok, doesn't Michael look thrilled to be there! :0)
 
 
 
 


 
Awwww.... what a cutie pie!
Michael is already telling me I am babying him way too much.
Who me? Never! :0)
 



I told Michael that I've been on such a carb-overload while I'm here this is what I feel like! 

 
Some of the buildings were so tall you almost couldn't see the top of them!
 



Thought this was interesting....
the new and the old right next to each other.
 

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS